Future Ready Teens prepares year 12 students to thrive in the future of work by supporting them in becoming tomorrow’s innovators, entrepreneurs and changemakers.
Future Ready Teens is an immersive program that provides students with the knowledge, habits and networks they will need to thrive in a future where work is increasingly:
- Location independent
- Gig/portfolio based
- Requiring hard and soft skills (people and technology)
- Requiring life long learning and reskilling
The program mixes knowledge sharing from Perth’s entrepreneurs, change makers and innovators with hands on activities, providing participants with key strategies and tools to develop skills like critical thinking and networking, together with an immersion in entrepreneurial, innovative and change focused thinking.
Sample topics include
- Rethinking ‘work’
- Being a lifelong learner
- Public speaking and pitching
- Using LinkedIn and social media to find clients or jobs
- Failure as a learning tool
- Rapid prototyping and market validation for new ideas and products
- Understanding customers and stakeholders through user ethnography
- The hidden manual to successful networking
Participants will also go on site visits to local game development studios, VR/AR (virtual and augmented reality) producers, and startups, which will not only inspire them about future career possibilities, but will also kickstart their professional networks before they decide to start their own businesses or enter the job market.
Future Ready Teens will also help participants shift their thinking away from being passive consumers of games and apps, towards being creators. The program will help channel their passion for games and new technologies into their educational and career paths.
At the end of the week, participants will be assigned longer term tasks, such as making networking dates with people who inspire them. These activities will be followed up and supported after the program finishes, through group follow up sessions. This will ensure that key habits around success are fostered.
Registration is limited to 16 to ensure an extremely high quality, hands on and transformative experience for participants.
Investment $2950 (scholarship available), which includes
- all meals
- program materials
- Applications are to be filled out by the student
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (places extremely limited)
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
- Diverse applicants strongly encouraged (and a scholarship is available)
+61 404 073 970